Selling a business is a complex process and it’s important to manage it well if you’re to achieve your objectives. Once you’ve decided that you want to sell the business, however, the next decision is typically where you’re going to sell.
With this in mind it’s a good idea to consider the complexity of your business’s financial and operational affairs and other elements, such as the size of the workforce. This should guide you towards the most suitable place to sell.
The industry you operate in may also influence the number and type of potential purchasers that show an interest in your business. So what are your options when considering where to sell your business?
- Online business sales platforms: this type of business sale platform acts as an online catalogue that helps prospective buyers in their search for a suitable business.
- Your website: letting new website visitors and existing customers know on your website that you’re selling your business can garner interest that you may not have otherwise received.
- Social media: the fast pace and global reach of social media makes it another option for selling your business, or at least an additional marketing strategy that can run alongside other sales outlets.
- Business sales brokers: this is typically the most effective way to sell a business. Using professional business transfer agents offers many benefits, including an independent valuation, sector experience and access to bespoke databases that can be used to target your ‘ideal’ buyer.
Selling your business using business transfer agents
Selling My Business is a long-established and professional firm of business sales brokers with an impressive history of successful transactions. Our team uses various tried-and-tested methods and outlets to sell businesses and achieve the highest possible price.
We’ll take the time to understand your goals and objectives and have multiple tools at our disposal to reach a successful deal. From ensuring confidentiality during the business sale to finding the best buyer, we provide the professional expertise that allows you to carry on running your business day-to-day.
- Previous sales and acquisitions experience
- Sector specialisms and average success rate
- Sales value expectations and growth potential
Where can we sell your business?
Once we’ve helped you create an advert for your business we’ll place it in front of suitable segments of our database of registered buyers - carefully targeting it using parameters such as your ideal buyer profile including those with an active interest in your sector.
Our knowledge of the business sales market means we can also advertise in relevant industry magazines, newspapers and on social media, and use the online platforms that we know will be suitable for your particular business.
Our extensive marketing campaigns build awareness across a broad spectrum of sales marketplaces but with the crucial addition of sector knowledge and targeted placement that initiates interest from serious parties.
Please get in touch with our team to find out more about our business sales process. Selling My Business will drive your business sale with commitment and help you achieve your goals. We work from offices around the UK and can offer you a free, same-day consultation.